Scholarships offered by EWI of Salt Lake City
Adult Students in Scholastic Transition
Executive Women International (EWI) of Salt Lake City is pleased to announce it is offering assistance to adults in the community who are in transitional situations and are in need of financial aid to further their education in their career pursuit.
These awards are made possible through the Adult Students in Scholastic Transition (ASIST) Program. The goal of the ASIST Program is to enable recipients to improve their self-esteem and to have a positive impact on the recipient’s personal life, employment, family, and community.
Applicants may be single parents, individuals just entering the workforce or displaced workers. The criteria to be used to pre-screen the candidates are as follows:
- Financial need
- Socially, physically and economically disadvantaged adults
- Responsible for small children
Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Clearly define career goals and objectives
- Specify the educational requirements to attain the above goals and objectives
- Utilize re-entry programs available through colleges/universities, community agencies and service groups or career professionals
- 18 years of age or older
- Applicant must be residing in boundaries of the EWI Chapter (Davis, Salt Lake, Summit, Utah, Weber & Wasatch Counties)
The recipients may select the career path of choice, and any assistance received is an award, not requiring repayment. Awards for scholarship will be distributed annually to educational providers by EWI of Salt Lake City.
The application process for 2015 is closed. Please check back in February 2016 for details.
This is an exciting program, and we hope you will participate.
Cynthia Hagen, 2015 Philanthropy Chair